Hello everyone, I hope you’re doing fabulous and if you have found yourself on this page you are either contemplating on taking your relationship to the next level or you’re wondering if you got too serious too fast.
That is a really good question and something that everyone thinks about when they are in a relationship. This topic came up the other day when I was speaking with a woman about her current relationship. She told me that she felt out of touch with her husband and that she feared they were growing apart. She told me that she had been very careful in the beginning of her relationship by taking things really slow. They dated for a long time and really got to know each other, and even had a long engagement. However, now she feels like she barely knows him and she wonders where she went wrong. In this situation, she didn’t do anything wrong. You can spend as much time getting to know someone as you want, but if they change later on then it does not matter because now you’re dealing with a whole new person. This happens a lot in relationships as we get older, and this is one of the reason I suggest waiting until you’re in your 20’s or 30’s to even get married.
This really got me thinking about important questions that should be asked when your relationship gets serious, and stuff you should know before it gets really serious. I know some of the questions are like WOW holy shit, but they really are important and should be asked.
- What are your religious beliefs?
- What are your political beliefs?
- How do you feel about abortion?
- What is your ideal career?
- Are you in any debt?
- What’s your income?
- How do you spend your money?
- How much is in your savings?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- How do you feel about monogamy?
- Do you have any fetishes?
- What are your porn habits?
- Are you comfortable with my family?
- Do I fit in with your family?
- Do you want kids?
- If so, how many, and when?
- What kind of parent do you think you’d be?
- Do you want pets?
- Where is your ideal place to live?
- Where is your ideal place to raise kids?
- Will we raise our children to be spiritual?
- Are you more comfortable with a nanny or daycare?
- What are your thoughts on recreational drug use?
- Do you feel comfortable prioritizing aspects of my family’s culture, such as religion or language?
- Would you rather join our bank accounts or keep them separate?
- How are we going to split the bills?
- Do you gamble?
- How do you feel about marriage?
- What kind of wedding would you have?
- Are we going to keep our surnames?
- How much would you post on social media about our marriage?
- How much would you post on social media about our kids?
- Would you be willing to delete nude photos of me?
- Would you be willing to follow stricter internet account rules?
- Do you have any bad habits I should know about?
- Do you get jealous?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What’s your ultimate deal-breaker?
These questions are very serious and very important and I recommend going through this list with your love to make sure you are on the same page because this stuff will eventually come up.
Lots of Love